DOMINO SEEKS BUSINESS AFFAIRS ASSISTANT
Various Artists | 14/04/14
Domino Recording Co.is recruiting for an assistant to work within the Business Affairs Department across the record label and publishing company. This is a full-time, one year Business Administration apprenticeship within the London office. The apprenticeship is run in partnership with DiVA, an independent training provider for creative media professionals.
The role is an entry-level office based position, and will assist the day-to-day running of the department. Please note that the majority of workload within the role will be administrative based. However, this combined and challenging role will expose the candidate to many parts of the music business.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of short form agreements for compilation releases
- Negotiating broadcasts and sync licenses
- Coordinating signing and finalisation of agreements
- Updating licensing spreadsheets and arranging delivery of masters to external labels
- General contracts administration and coordination.
- Maintaining Business Affairs filing system
- Managing priorities and task lists
- Simple contract drafting and amendment
- Liaison with other departments and artist management in relation to clearances
- Drafting and issuing letters
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Impeccable attention to detail
- An ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work to deadline and work under pressure
- A professional manner with superior communication skills and strong computer competencies in the Microsoft package
- Able to build and maintain working relationships with a wide range of people and remain diplomatic, tactful and utterly discreet in all dealings
- Works collaboratively with others and is open and trustworthy
- Responds calmly to pressure and challenge
Desirable: Experience with legal documentation and contracts is preferred but not essential
To apply, you must complete an application form and send to the team at DiVa. Applications directly to Domino cannot be accepted. The closing date for applications in April 25th.