DOMINO CLASSICS IN THE GUARDIAN'S 1000 ALBUMS TO HEAR BEFORE YOU DIE
Young Marble Giants, The Magnetic Fields, Silver Jews, Palace Brothers, Neutral Milk Hotel, Junior Boys, Franz Ferdinand, Arctic Monkeys and (Smog) | 11/08/08
No one needs to be told to hear The Beatles' Revolver or The Velvet Underground and Nico again right?
Well, based on this premise, this week The Guardian newspaper has compiled their 1000 Albums to Hear Before You Die which quite rightly features some of the best works of Domino's finest.
There's some unusual choices and genres featuring forgotten gems amongst the albums worth re-celebrating from Soundtracks to Trip Hop, Krautrock to 60’s Pop and Jazz and Rock classics but albums that for whatever reason demand to be heard – you might not agree with them all but it's intriguing to see the jumble of artists sit next to each other and turning people on to the unobvious is somthing we applaud.
The featured Domino albums include:
- Arctic Monkeys – Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not
- Franz Ferdinand – Franz Ferdinand
- Junior Boys – Last Exit
- Magnetic Fields – 69 Love Songs
- Neutral Milk Hotel – In An Aeroplane Over The Sea
- Palace Brothers – There Is No One What Will Take Care Of You
- Silver Jews – American Water
- Smog – Knock Knock
- Young Marble Giants – Colossal Youth
All these amazing albums and more are available from our Mart.